Cookie Policy

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Resident Writes...............


SIR – You report (December 11) that Barclays bank has avoided any reference to the word “Christmas” in its holiday opening hours.

I have worked in the Middle East for the last 13 years, mainly in Oman. I also have a rather obvious and large white beard. When I am there in December I am eternally asked by Muslims what I am going to bring them for Christmas. The stores all have Father Christmas figures and decorated Christmas trees.

Muslim children are looking forward to their presents. Jesus Christ is their second most respected prophet (after Mohammed) and Mary, along with Jesus, features in the Koran.

Given that the Muslims celebrate Christmas in the Middle East, what right has Barclays to deprive the Muslim population here?

Dr Brian Wareing
Penyffordd, Flintshire

source: Daily Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds