Cookie Policy

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Penyffordd Broadband still in the Stone Age

On the BT box at the start of Corwen Rd, that's the cabinet that you see the OpenReach man with his head in there is a label advertising Fibre Broadband.

However Penyffordd does NOT have it as yet.

A check on a telephone number on either Buckley or Caegwrle exchanges says we haven't got it

You can check your speed here http://speedtest.net/

Ours comes up 2.2 Mb

My mate in Hawarden is showing 30 Mb

Fibre is £30 plus VAT when it arrives

Link http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/fibre-optic-broadband/





9 comments:

  1. I live in Penyffordd and have fibre-optic broadband- 31.2 Mb. Check your facts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do i but only since moving up Vounog Hill further which is now on the Caegwrle exchange, this is through Sky who rent the exchange off BT & charge me silly money!!

      Delete
  2. I did. Perhaps BT Business Website is not up to date.
    I put my home number in which is an 01244 number
    I put a friends number in which is 01978

    Both said fibre was NOT available.

    I would tend to believe you are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Penymynydd and have fibre optic broadband too. I don't know where the previous commentator lives but, perhaps they've just not reached the bottom of Penyffordd yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Broadband comes up for renewal this month.
    I'm sure all will be made clear.
    I think its more an issue of parts of BT not knowing what the other half are doing.
    I live near the Post Office our exchange is in Buckley.
    The BT Box at Corwen Rd says Fibre Optic on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live on Penymynydd Road and we don't have fibre optic here. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cabinet on Corwen Road provides FFTC service to the part of the village towards Vounog hill. The FFTC cabinet outside Penymynydd school provides FFTC service to the top portion of Penyffordd/Penymynydd. The centre of the village including all the oldest properties are served by the cabinet outside the Spar. Bt has no plans to install FFTC here. Thus denying most of the businesses and Junior School fibre broadband.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds