Cookie Policy

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Penyffordd had 18% Postal Votes in 2008

A letter from that nice man Colin Everett the Returning Officer pops through the letter box. Is it yet another complaint from Colin Bithell?

No, It's Colin E telling me all the postal votes have been collected.

What!

I haven't even handed my election literature out yet !

I did the same thing last time but this time I know what the score is. It's just the same though. I can think of little to do about it. It's one of those advantages long term local politicians have. As a newcomer you are literally urinating into the wind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sketch
Drnggggg, Drnggggg, Drnggggg, half an hour later Mrs Edwards answers the phone....
Mrs Edwards is crippled with arthritis.
Hello Mrs Edwards its that time again. I'll pop around and we'll order your postal vote.
One week later Mrs Edwards is helped to fill it in. She's also developing dementia so needs a little help.
I'll post it for you as well.
Another vote safely in the bag !

In the old days you would taxi all the OAP's down to the Polling Booth. Now you have everything under control. It's a much better arrangement
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose some nominee's have little books with names in

Fact:
In 2008 there were 18% of the Penyffordd ward who voted by postal means if my arithmetic is right.

I did an FOI to FCC to find out.


Link http://penyffordd-district.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/penyffordd-elections-may-2012-postal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds