Cookie Policy

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Patrick Heesom's Curriculum Vitae continued

as further told by Gareth Williams of Mold in The Flintshire Chronicle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whilst not wishing to get into a spat with Cllr Patrick Heesom regarding FCC budget, I do seem to have touched a nerve. He states (Views March 17) that I was dumped by my electorate in the last local elections. Correct, as is their right. But he states it was because I did not understand council business.

Well between 2000 and 2008 I was a senior member of the executive, which during that time invested in new baths and new schools and upgraded three nursing homes, while other authorities were shutting theirs, as well as starting the process of putting into place two extra care facilities..

We also invested in all town centres during that time.

One thing I do understand is that as a county councillor for a good many years  Cllr Heesom never suported any budget put forward by the controlling group of whatever political colour.

I also understand that as an elected member Cllr Heesom signed a Code of Conduct which sets out the protocol for the good management of the council and which all members and officers are bound by.

Cllr Heesom's conduct has seemingly been called into dispute. Whilst not suggesting one way or the other who is to blame, one thing I and everyone else knows is that it's the Flintshire taxpayers that will have to pick up the bill.
Money I'm sure which could be better spent in other areas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Gareth means ratepayers. No mention of that political party that he was deputy leader of..........
Patrick's letter from last week was missed by my good self. Wifey has been too efficient with recycling.
If anyone has a copy email tresmegistes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds