Cookie Policy

Sunday, February 27, 2011

An email from Cllr David Williams re village developments


I am indebted to David for keeping me informed. I have made a few comments which I hope he and other councillors will find helpful.
To: Colin Hughes ; Cindy Hinds ; Cllr Linda Vidamour
Cc: Arnold_Woolley@flintshire.gov.uk ; Cllr Robin Baker ; Mold Cllr Chris Bithell ; Cllr Clive Carver ; Elwyn Davies ; Cllr Glenys Diskin ; ERDirector@flintshire.gov.uk  ; Cllr Robin Guest (Mold) ; David Hanson MP ; Patrick Heesom ; Nick Herbert MP ; Mark Isherwood AM ; Hilary Isherwood ; Carwyn Jones AM ; Cllr Chris Jones ; Cllr Stella Jones ; Cllr Tom Jones ; Ieuan Wyn Jones ; Cllr Colin Legg ; Cllr Nancy Mathews ; Rt Hon Theresa May ; Clllr David McFarlane ; Jim Moore ; Cllr Tim Newhouse ; NWPA ; North Wales Police ; Chf Supt Ruth Purdie ; Go Safe ; Carl Sargeant AM ; Cllr Tony Sharps ; Aaron Shotton Cllr ; Mark Tami MP ; Cllr Carolyn Thomas ; PC 1469 Howie Williams



postscript: I don't send emails to the above over such parochial matters as lorries using the village instead of the bypass. The above list was most probably emailed over the continued downplaying ( I say lying) by North Wales Police about speeding in the village in the Flintshire Chronicle.
 
Subject: Re: Lorries - Penyffordd Bypass - A reply to Colin

All Recipients

Sorry for sending you all this e-mail as it is a reply to all recipients of Colin Hughes nonsense. If you are not interested please just delete it.

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your recent e-mails. Insults and nastiness obviously back on your agenda, but given the fact that they have not been directly aimed at me personally recently, I considered it only fair for me to put you right on a few points. I have therefore itemised the efforts that the Community Council, Howie Cindy and I are making with regards to road safety in the ward.

Measures to reduce the problem of speeding.

The week before Christmas, Cindy arranged a site meeting with Highways to discuss the entrance to the proposed Woodlane development that is causing us a great deal of concern. Assurances have been given that suitable arrangements will be made and we will keep a close eye on any proposals that are made.
With regards developments there was a letter in The Flintshire Chronicle last week where a complainant from St Mary's Park, Mold stated that using TRICS methods and data ( it looks complicated to me)
it was possible to prove that an extra 50 dwellings can generate up to 400 vehicle movements a day.
Wood Lane of course will have more than 50 houses. Who would want to live next to a bypass is a constant mystery to me. lol

Wishes of myself and the Community Council over road safety measures

Whilst on their visit I took advantage and took them around all the problem areas of the village with regards to road safety. They were again given a copy of my suggested improvements that have been endorsed by the Community Council. A copy of these wishes and our conclusions are attached with my monthly report with the minutes from January in the Post Office. Thank you.

Penymynydd Road

A warden is periodically employed by the Community Council to monitor and if necessary book motorists using the access only along Penymynydd road. On his last ‘tour of duty’ he booked 15 motorists! He will be employed again from time to time and we are now public enemy number one of people living in the Well House and Hazel Drive
It's used for the same reasons drivers use Chester Rd as a short cut.
It is still regularly used, I walk the dog along there. Sometimes you have to be unpopular to guard people and children's safety.

School Crossing Patrol – Institute.

Following an advertising campaign from September that I instigated, applications for the post were finally received at the start of the New Year. Interviews were completed the week before last and an appointment was expect last week. Hopefully the new officer will be in place soon after half term. Well done, lets hope he is a part deterrent to those that hammer up Chester Rd every morning. Can we have a speed camera in his lolipop please?

Criticism of Howie

Howie has worked very hard on all issues in the village including speeding. With the reopening of the Warren I contacted Howie to ask him to get the gun on Chester road and Hawarden road. To my knowledge he has done this on at least three occasions. On Chester road improvements, it was Howies suggestion to set back the 30 mph sign which was pursued by myself and the Community Council. He has also dealt with numerous other issues efficiently and effectively. It is a fact that over a 1000+ vehicles speed through Chester Rd everyday. 5.30 - 6.00 am shift workers. 7.00 am onwards, the morning rat run. You could do no better than ask Flintshire Gosafe to do an audit then Howie would know exactly where to use his time efficiently. Its time Gosafe started working for communities instead of hiding data. ( I am on my way to the Information Commissioner to force their hand) Talking of Gosafe can we have them here again in Chester Rd they know when the speeding happens they've got the data. They have even done Bretton at 5.30 am in the morning !

HGVs using the village.

I recently received a call from a resident of Chester road who advised me that the problem of HGVs seemed to have eased with very few instances of hill starts outside his house. That is correct. The main problem of HGVs was the fact that Pen-y-ffordd is one of the set test routes. The reduction was hopefully a result of my request to the DSA in Newcastle, from which test routes were previously issued and controlled, to ask them to reconsider the test routes and stop using Pen-y-ffordd. They contacted the test centre manager in Wrexham and the request was made to avoid Pen-y-ffordd as much as possible. Sods law though, last Wednesday I spoke to the gentleman who phoned me and he told me that since his call he had seen two more HGVs doing the hill starts. I will therefore get back to the DSA to repeat my request. There has been a big local HGV contract going on the last 10 days with maybe 50 extra lorries each day they have top soil on board

Warren Hall.

I am working closely with the Broughton action group whose main member is one of my Coalition colleagues. I am monitoring the situation to establish how great a role people of Pen-y-ffordd need to play, and given your interest in this and the fact that you had not attacked me for a while, I asked if I could involve you in the group. Unfortunately though, I was told that you would not be welcome because you would be too much of a liability! Lots of laughs. Broughton has gained environmentally we suffer extra traffic. Perhaps time to get Highways to measure how much extra traffic is coming through the village? Sometimes its in the region of 15 to 20 vehicles a minute.

Alan Skips.
There was a problem with a while ago with their the lorries using the village, and in February 2009 I asked Neil Hassal politely to see what he could do. He responded positively and there has not been the same level of problem until recently. I will therefore ask Neil again politely to see what he can do and I am sure he will react positively again. To insult and abuse him and his work force the way that you do is totally out of order.
If its the Neil I met and talked to at their Bretton headquarters you can be sure he is not a person to abuse. I am of the opinion he might not work for the company any longer. As you say Alan Skips have not been using the village this last year. This however changed last week when I saw at least 6 ASK lorries coming through the village with many others.

As you know, I have no problem whatsoever with what you are looking for and fully support your ideals. The problem I have though is your methods, and although I appreciate the lack of action is very frustrating, your manner and behaviour at times is disgraceful. It gets very frustrating when traffic in large volumes hammer through the village every day.

The fact that you claim to represent Chester road is also of concern, as knowing most of the residents along there myself, I would be very surprised if any of them would want to be associated with the disgusting things you come out with, especially calling hard working HGV drivers scum bags and idiots! 
HGV drivers who hammer through the village are a danger to our community.
You ask George or Mr Davies over the road or ask Alf who walks a white labrador. Speeding is well over a 1000 everyday. You could get Gosafe to prove me right or wrong with an unedited set of speed traffic data. They can even tell what make of car goes along roads by the distance between the wheels !
Chester Rd is mainly commercial. The point is its a major route to school and we live in a village with a bypass.
I would therefore be grateful of you letting me know the names of the residents who are part of your campaign, but would be very surprised if you could name three. I really do doubt though, that any more than three people on Chester road would give you the time of day, let alone allow you to represent them!

Unfortunately you are talking nonsense in most of your e-mails and your abusive tactics are unnecessarily offensive and counterproductive. I do not intend getting embroiled in more e-mail exchanges with you but will continue to work for my community in as conscientious and effective a manner as I am able.

Regards,
David Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds