Cookie Policy

Monday, December 20, 2010

Personal or Political?


Each year Penyffordd Community Council hand out our money ( rates) back to us to help support local clubs and societies. It's normally somewhere between £150 and £250. This year Cllr Tom Jones (Scrooge) decided to lean on other councillors to favour our youth. So the wine society of which I am a member, the Red Lion Strollers and the Flower club have ended up with £50 each. I hear (don't mention me on the blog) that others are not happy either.

I do hope Tom didn't vote himself ( Penyffordd Institute member) £250.
I would also point out that there is a resident of the village who hates our Wine Society with a poisonous passion and would be of good cheer if we closed down tomorrow. Perhaps that person can arrange for Institute fees to double next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds