Cookie Policy

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FOIE News

In May 2007 and June 2008 Flintshire County Council's representative for Arrive Alive now called the All Wales Safety Partnership recorded traffic data on Chester Rd, Penyffordd.

I then made an FOIE request (R001967) to FCC for the above data in MS Excel format. The FOIE was denied telling the outright lie that the data could not be exported in Excel format.

It's at least a year and maybe 18 months this nonsense has been going on. I have been bombarding officers and councillors over this issue. Finally Council Leader Arnold Woolley got involved which led to Lisa my wife and me in Arnold's office with the FOI guy and the road safety officer who recorded the data.

I was allowed to see data on the screen and could ask for reports but they were still stonewalling on handing over the data. Came away with little except a posibility that the 30mph limit would be pushed back.

Three weeks on after further pushing I have finally got 2008 data. They say 2007 data has been lost. I must be the only person in the UK who has ever asked for this data and they have "lost" half of it.

They were having a little trouble exporting the data so I supplied them with the software manual that I had asked the traffic data collection company for.

So the data arrived by email in PDF format protected by a 128 bit encrypted password. I can browse data but not copy it. Also there are various conditions such as asking permission before publishing data on the net.

The time stamp has also been removed in case I logged registration numbers and times while the recording device was installed. They are suposedly protecting drivers identities.
What a laugh.

The above data should be supplied free to communities so they can see the exact danger that vehicle spose to communities.

Instead Arrive Alive fool communities with averages. For example Chester Rd average at a certain point in the 30 mph zone is 28mph. This hides a 1000 speeding vehicles a day.

It stinks.

I hope to be able to move on from that above.

Many thanks to Council Leader Arnold Woolley.

keywords   gosafe.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds