Cookie Policy

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do not try this at home

Last year my melons went no where. They sulked. I put this down to cold soil. Ralph who Lisa saw in the Post Office says spuds were traditionally sown on Good Friday. I have some ideas for soil warming including solar water panels and 50 gallon plastic drums insulated with Kingspan.
Also I have some rope lighting. I have some beds made out of Kingspan. I intend putting the rope lighting in the bottom coverd by some slate then filled up with rotted manure and compost. The temperture to be initially controlled by a timer ie. 15 hours. I also have a soil thermometer. Melons like above 20degrees C. Rope lighting uses very little current. Best to keep the fork and shovel away from rope

Link http://www.gardengrapevine.com/BottomHeater.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds