Cookie Policy

Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Freedom of Information Act and Flintshire County Council

I am indebted to the Labour Government for introducing the above act that requires public bodies to handover most types of information they hold if asked. Flintshire County Council however are loath to hand out traffic data they hold on Chester Rd Penyffordd. In fact they have bought new software specifically to prevent me from having said data.
Last night I filled out a request on their FOIE form.

I awaited the robot to send me a reference number but no number. Thinking perhaps I pressed the clear button rather than the send button I sent it again today. Still no reference number returned.

Over the last two years I have sent maybe 8 FOIE's to Flintshire County Council. I have only had a reply from one enquiry and I had to drag that out of them. The enquiry was avoided through devious means.

These days I do not fill out the online form then send it off. I do it in a word editor and save it. Then I have a copy to send again should it disappear into the ether.

My first six enquiries were never acknowledged.

Anyway I'm sure the subject of my FOIE will become apparent shortly.

Postscript. Why don't they answer emails? Phoncall tomoz


keywords: Colin Everett. Newport County. Elected Supporters Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds