Cookie Policy

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flintshire County Council and The Freedom of Information Act

Previously I have had about 4 FOIE's ( Freedom of Information Enquiries) to Flintshire County Council disappear into the internet ether. You fill the form in online press the send button then theoretically you get a return email from a computer robot with a reference number.

I managed finally to get one to register on their system. The enquiry was refused ( how many speeding cars in Chester Rd each day) but hey it's all good fun.

So Saturday I filled the online form in again - no robot.
Sunday tried again in case I pressed clear instead of send.
Emailed them Monday - nothing.
Lisa phoned them Tuesday - still no success.................
Emailed again Tuesday evening..........
Wednesday morning 10.38 am still no acknowledgement of FOIE.
Wednesday evening tried again. Instead of using Mozilla I used Windows Explorer.
Still no joy
Go for nuclear email option.
Emailed to various county councillors and officers.


It's not some sort of picnmix where FOIE's can be put in the bin because they don't like the content request.


Postscript: Cllr Arnold Woolley has emailed me to say that they are looking into my complaint for which I am most thankful. This is looking like a technical issue.

As for the refusal of FCC to hand over speeding traffic data for Chester Rd, Penyffordd that's another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds