Cookie Policy

Monday, May 18, 2009

A Big Thank You to The Evening Leader


Click to image enlarge

It must be said I have never met or spoke to Cllr Patrick Heesom. I regularly send him emails about speeding in Penyffordd because of his position. I also send them to all the great and the good up to First Minister Rhodri Morgan.

I sent the letter to The Leader because I am fed up with the manner that officers deal with me. They have tried for two years to deny me traffic data collected on two occasions in Penyffordd. This data could be read by MS Excel (still can) . They have recently bought new software so that I cannot read the data. Wasting rate payers money to deny me an FOIE.

These officers need to know that they work for us ( as do North Wales Police).

There should be total transparency and scrutiny except for exceptional circumstances. Denying me traffic data that shows the true extent of speeding outside my house is not one of them.

The hiding of Chester Rd traffic data allows the All Wales Safety Partnership, North Wales Police and Flintshire County Council to work against the interests of Chester Road instead of working for Chester Rd.
This is totally counter to the published aims of the above agencies.

The statement that we need more Cllr Heesom's can be expanded to include politician's of all parties including The Independents.

Still over a 1000 speeders in Penyffordd each and every day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The unedited version (I have no issue with The Leader editing letters)

cc: Welsh Ombudsman
Dear Leader
A letter for consideration.
I read with interest in The Leader the battle between members and officers of Flintshire County Council over members rights to manage county affairs. I'm sure I am not the only one to be frustrated when dealing with county officers. My own experience being that FOIE's disappear or not answered properly, a blackmail attempt to stop my wife standing for community council unanswered, a scrutiny officer failing to respond to valid complaints over FOIE's. Highway officers withholding important traffic data at meetings and requests for data ignored that has very important consequences for Penyffordd village safety.
(One reads with incredulity that FCC officer's wish to bring auditing back in house after many years of regular appearances in Private Eye's Rotten Boroughs.(edited out) Penyffordd County councillor David Williams is frustrated that his correspondence is ignored. I'm sure my issues are the tip of the iceberg. Rather than trying to get rid of Cllr Patrick Heesom may I suggest that Flintshire County Council Executive look a little nearer to home. A good start would be for senior officers to re-read their codes of conduct and apply them properly to themselves and their departments. Flintshire residents and councillors deserve much better. We need more Cllr Patrick Heesom's not less, to build a strong well run county.
Colin Hughes
Penyffordd District
links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds