Cookie Policy

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gaucho not



The other day I took a picture of the dog with some horses ( here). I don't like having much to do with horses, they are big and can be unpredictable.
Cue forward to today. I am standing in a field of mud, horse manure and urine that is a foot deep. I have hold of an aluminium gate. Next to me is a horse (the brown one in the link) that has put its hoof through the gate structure and its hoof is trapped in the gate. Its hoof has to be kept in the air due to how its leg is trapped.
Health and safety issues. If the horse panics it will break its leg and possible damage me. I have tried to release hoof from gate but it will not budge. A sense of helplessness pervades.

The owner thankfully arrives with a farmer who has a hacksaw. The lady steadies the horse, I hold the gate, farmer hacksaws through gate and horse is released.
The lady owner has been there before me and gone for help.

This is me in the aftermath the photo does not do justice to the amount of mud I have on me. A foot of mud up my trousers, my hands caked in mud.
I do not want anymore adventures of this kind...................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds