Cookie Policy

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To an Environment Agency Wales Exhibition on the monitoring of Castle Cement

In the Penyffordd Institute. The lovely Ann Weedy on reception. I see from the visitors list that Cllr Colin Bithell and Cllr Hadyn Bateman have been to the exhibition this afternoon. My wife Lisa looking at the information boards.


We speak with Chris Jones from Environment Agency Wales. I raise various issues regarding furnace temperatures and the above spike in dioxins in 2004. It was explained to me that 2004 was the last year that the old kilns were in operation which may have accounted for the rise.


I said I was very pleased with the reduction in cement dust in Penyffordd. Castle Cement have made serious efforts to deal with fugitive dust. Cement dust no longer gathers on our car.



Enforcement notices against Castle Cement.

The exhibition is also on tomorrow between 1 .00 pm and 9.00 pm. Your attendance is welcomed.

Links

Environment Agency Wales

Castle Cement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds