Cookie Policy

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Letter to The Clerk to Penyffordd Community Council

Dear Nigel.
Will you please show this letter to Penyffordd Community Council on Wednesday
It is 18 months since I brought to the council's attention wholesale speeding through Chester Rd Penyffordd.
On Friday 24th August 2008 a young girl cycled across the path of a speeding motorist and missed death by a few seconds.
The vehicle had to slam on brakes, in so doing skidded and mounted the path near to the bus stop.
Flintshire County Council have now released figures from their traffic speed survey.
Which are as follows.

Vehicles (3394) travelling at or above 35 mph and (283) were travelling at or above 45 mph.
Total 3677 doing more than 35 mph over a 10 day period.

(please note these are static speeds, it is reasonable to assume many of these vehicles are in acceleration mode passed our houses.)

1. As the above is anti social behaviour what are North Wales Police going to about these 367 vehicles that speed on our major route to school every day. I know of no other village or town in Flintshire where this happens.

2. I understand a meeting took place between Penyffordd Community Council and Charles Hughes and Derek Kirby of Flintshire County Council. As an interested party in the tremendous traffic increases that these two officers have planned for Chester Rd Penyffordd will you please give me details of what was said at the meeting.

3. Will you please explain to me why I and other residents of Chester Rd were excluded from the meeting.

4. Will you please explain why you told councillors I had been advised of the date of the meeting when you did no such thing.

May I remind you of your position of Clerk to The Council. I believe your position should be one of neutrality. From where I stand I find it not so.

I wish to remind you of your code of conduct.
regards Colin Hughes

Postscript: The meeting was for councillors only. Although why have one I do not know. They will not be persuading me or any others from Chester Rd or Corwen Rd that Warren Hall is good for Penyffordd village environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds