Cookie Policy

Sunday, May 18, 2008

An email from Cllr David Williams to my wife Lisa who he savaged at Penyffordd Community Council meeting May 2008

cc Cllr Arnold Woolley Flintshire County Council Leader by Colin Hughes

cc. Cllr Jane Hopwood via The Evening Leader


The wording in blue is my response to David .... Colin Hughes


Hello Lisa,

With regards to the nine e.mails that you and Colin have sent me over the last four days I respond as follows.

The only one of any value was the one where you referred to my comments at the Community Council meeting regarding the sign at the top of the Warren.


The emails from me to which Cllr David Williams was emailed or CC'd to.


1. An email thanking David for setting up the proposed traffic survey form.

2. An email about a speeding HGV to CBM Chris Pullen cc'd

3. An email about methods of measuring our speeding traffic CC'd so that our councillors can see HOW BAD the traffic is.

4. An email about being called a liar in Penyffordd Community Council at which David was most unkind and aggressive to my wife who is a resident of Penyffordd. His staring at Lisa was most aggressive.

5. An email to David who mentioned getting a website for £400 for the village. I volunteered to do one for FREE and take 30 mins to show how to use with unlimited technical backup for FREE,


I have therefore written to Dave Faulkner again to see what can be done, and entered below the text of the letter I have sent. Had you approached me in a civilised manner and asked me to see what he could do regarding new signs in the suggested position, I would willingly have done so a lot earlier. This issue has been on going since last November (7 months) with you ignoring the issue David.


Unfortunately you bombard me and other councillors with insults and unconstructive waffle.

See above email subjects.


Before the election Colin implied that he hoped some harm would come to me so that I would not win the election, and that is why I ceased communicating with you.

I implied no such thing its what you read into it.


It would I think be fair to say if I stopped talking about 2000 cars that speed passed my house that is a major route to school you and half the Penyffordd Community Council would be very happy.


The only reason I have looked at your recent e.mails was in the hope that you may have started to see sense following comments at the Community Council meeting.

A trashing of myself and my wife because we continue to point out the major problems to our Penyffordd Councillors is a democratic right. Its 2000 speeding cars a day councillors!


I should have known better! You are obviously too arrogant and ignorant and everybody is clearly wrong other than you two. You have even seen fit to start on the new member of the Council for no real reason! I have criticised Jane Hopwood because she takes the council line just like a sheep. I thought Jane was an Independent.


Your unreliable and unfounded claims (The Penyffordd Community chairman said 2000 cars an hour last Wednesday lol) Its 2000 vehicles speeding a day David, the figure is not unreliable its near fact, in fact it may be 2200 by now) were brought to the fore again following your attempt to have me disciplined as a result of your incorrect claim that I had only attended three meetings in my first year. Again you were wrong and Mr Evans quite rightly informed you that ‘there is more to being a councillor than attending meetings’.

We were informed by a member of Flintshire County Council that a County Cllr had to attend four out of twelve meetings and that if a cllr did not attend that many, action would be taken.


The large number of residents that I have assisted during my first year as a Councillor will support that statement! We still have 2000 speeding cars that are a constant danger to Penyffordd children. One nearly got knocked down in Watts Rd recently.


I have no desire to have any ill feelings between us and will work tirelessly to help all members of our community, including you, with whatever issues they may have. Unfortunately you have opted to continually abuse and insult me, my family and other Councillors, and only on very rare occasions have made requests that I could do anything about.

2000 speeding cars a day David through the middle of our village, 15 months on.


On the few occasions you have given me something realistic to do, I have responded immediately! You obviously have nothing useful to offer this village and will undoubtedly continue to harm the attempts to improve the traffic and speeding problem that we have in all areas of the village.

I do not have to offer anything to the village when I point out we have 2000 speeding cars a day.


It is for this reason therefore, that unless I am made aware that your methods are going to change and you are starting to work with the community rather than against us, I no longer intend opening any more of your e.mails.

I would have thought that part of your function to Penyffordd residents is to answer emails where required, some emails are for your continued education such as the device for measuring speeding traffic that nearly everyone tries to think doesn't exist.


If I point out we still have 2000 cars every day speeding passed my house which is a major route to school I think myself and other villagers require that you get onto the job like Cllr Tony Sharps of Northop Hall has done. You can only do 20 mph passed Tony's house but 70 mph passed mine.


Cllr David Williams.

(I do not expect this to go on your blog because some of the comments show what you are really like!)

There you are David!


keywords, continued 2000 speeding vehicles each day, Inspector Alun Oldfield, North Wales Police, Chief Superintendent Ruth Purdie,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds