Cookie Policy

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Freedom of Information Act


I currently have various FOIE's against public agencies.

Arrive Alive have refused to hand over harmless anonymous data that is of relevence to village safety. They site exemptions under sections S31 and S38.
We are in the second phase of my request. It takes 4 to 6 months. Its called kicking the ball into the long grass. As long as we have speeding in Chester Road I will continue to press. Arrive Alive's grounds for refusal are very weak.

I have about 8 FOIE's against Flintshire County Council. They are currently breaking the FOI Act on at least half of my requests because they are supposed to reply in 20 working days. As with Arrive Alive I have asked for electronic data for May 2007 when they measured traffic speeds for about 4 days.
I have also asked for various pieces of information with regards a meeting in May 2007 being misled by holding back of vital information with regards safety of Penyffordd village. Flintshire Highways also said they had no funding left for the year yet Cllr Tony Sharps appeared to get funding in the same year 10 months later.
Also I have asked for communications by Cllr Colin Bithell , Cllr David Williams and the late Derek Darlington who was County Councillor for the village and Leader of Flintshire County Council with regards Chester Rd and increased traffic due to various schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds