Cookie Policy

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dear Arrive Alive please cancel our monthly visit

An Email to The Arrive Alive Partnership of North Wales - Also to the Great and the Good
All the way from Rhodri Morgan First Minister to the village cat.
Dear Rose
Good Morning a new week is upon us and the sun is out.
I bring good news from Chester Rd Penyffordd
West Wales Utilties are digging the road up for 5 weeks
Its quite a good traffic calming tool, someone turned the 3 way traffic lights off last night, it wasn't me honest! A simple set of traffic lights that have more effect than the combined might of North Wales Police and Arrive Alive. Mind you the previously mentioned are really all smoke and mirrors.
Impotent to manage speeding traffic in North Wales due to having no resources
Pity we can't have them for 50 years as Flintshire Highways are determined to use Chester Rd, Penyffordd as a trunk road, I think the term is "de facto" Flintshire County Council thinks Penyffordd a soft touch. I'm sure Cllr Bithell is an employee of Flintshire Highways.
Flintshire Highways are currently the Philistines of Traffic Management in Wales
One can but hope for a change of policy.
Still on traffic lights the Spanish have the right idea.
Traffic lights are put in the middle of the village they are speed activated and turn red.
The more speeders in a certain time frame and the red light time increases.
No grumpy motorists with points and a happy village
Can Penyffordd be the first Welsh village to have them please?
Can you tell Essi to cancel the van for our once in 4 week visit this month.
One of the 800 odd other suffering communities can have our place instead.
Pity we can't have Hugh's Magic box to tell us how we are doing.
I know how we are doing and its not that good.
All this technology and its left in the cupboard
Still I'm going to do my best to tell the whole world about it.
I'm busy with my election literature at the moment
I've got the lawyers going over it
.
One of them says I'll be going to The Tower if I don't alter stuff.
As a non stake holder I'm gung ho!
I married a rich woman, its all Lisa's including the Porsche
One county councillor has been found doing photocopying at Shire Hall
and has been reported to North Wales Police
I'm hoping its one of ours!
One of my County Cllrs is taking credit for half a rumble strip and a flashy sign, I say barsix the swine!
I did all the work!
He says he is now handing the traffic mangement over to North Wales Police.
This is one of the two councillors who have tried to ignore this problem for the last year
When I read this I went into a fit of laughter.
Lisa my wife thought I was having a heart attack.
regards Colin Hughes
Prospective Community Cllr for Penyffordd
No copy to Inspector Alun Oldfield until I've written to Richard to see why I can't
A copy to Cllr David Williams who doesn't want one but who is getting one anyway.
Is that £12,500 for 3 meetings or 14 at Shire Hall last year, David?
I've asked both David and FCC but they are both being a little slow.
So I've put down on my election literature you have attended one, so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds