Cookie Policy

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Race to become a County Councillor for Penyffordd 2008

Since I have * 2000 cars that speed passed my house every day that is a route to school I have paid attention to what Councillors we have in the village both County and Community. So here will be the ones who are most probably standing.

1. Colin Bithell (Independent) - Colin has been around in politics for about 30 years. I think Colin has been Labour but got in last time as an independent, I think with emphasis on environment. I have met Colin fairly recently and we were to meet further but he called it off. I can't myself see why he is slow to calm traffic through the village. Is he getting too old? Perhaps Airbus votes?

I realise speeding is not a big issue to some but the voters of this village must have some concern. We have a by-pass at present we have about 1,040,000 vehicles through the village each year. There are over I think about 100 HGV's who use village as a short cut each day. He stays silent about the following which are going to add large numbers of extra traffic through the village.
We are going to have maybe another 2,000,000 cars coming through Chester Rd a rural village with a bypass. I've asked Flintshire County Council for figures but they are currently being a little shy on a number of fronts.

1. Warren Hall A55 exit. Penyffordd will be used as a short cut
2. Warren Hall Business Park
3. Broughton Park Extension
4. 400 houses at The White Lion Penymynydd
5. Saltney Retail park
6. Large new housing estates at Gwersyllt and Brymbo which must be about 2000 houses

Healthcare. We are a village of over 3000. He appears to have stood by whilst our health clinic is being closed down. Our elderly and Penyffordd residents have the choice of a trip to Buckley or Hope to visit a proper surgery. It looks like they will build houses on our clinic. Once again Penyffordd the soft touch.

Castle Cement have increased the emissions of harmful metals and gases with the increase of cement production at Padeswood. Where is Colin? It takes Arnold Woolley from Buckley to raise the alarm.
Route to School. Each school day lives are put at risk by speeding residents taking their children to school. Colin Bithell and Tom Jones who I think are school governors and councillors appear to have done little to stop the speeding traffic. What ever they have done so far it is still a daily event.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Cindy Hinds (Labour) Cindy does a lot for the village for free, not on 10K a year like our County Cllrs. Keeps the village up to date with her own newsletter. The only councillor in Penyffordd to do so. At present Cindy is a community councillor. Helped to set up the Pen Y Group which is a registered charity that raises funds for youth projects. Cindy also helps with youth club I think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. David Williams (Independent) Some say independent with a small "c". I went to college with David but recently trashed him in front of the great and the good by email. I have got fed up after a year. Just like Colin Bithell he has done little to halt this daily trashing of the village. David was elected county councillor after the death of Derek Darlington which was a dark day for Penyffordd. Derek was Leader of Flintshire County Council and knew of the trouble to the village posed by the developments mentioned above.
David is forever saying he has not got the time. I've written him an email today telling him to get rid of this no time mantra. I've told him I'll vote for him if he stands for community as well, I mean I'll vote for him for community.
In David's defence he set up the meeting with Flintshire Highways, arranged the rumble strip, extra 30 limit sign and pro active warning signs. Flintshire Highways have dragged thing out most probably partly due to me. Probably Colin Bithell in the mix.


To be added to with links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds