Cookie Policy

Friday, February 22, 2008

An Afternoon with the Arrive Alive Partnership

This after noon I have had a lengthy talk with Stuart for the Arrive Alive Partnership and Hugh Flintshire Road Safety Officer. Cllr Cindy Hinds was present whilst we discussed the speeding traffic that plagues Chester Road each day.
Stuart operates an Arrive Alive van. I was given a demonstration of how the camera equipment is set up and how it operates. I was under a misapprehension that the van only targeted drivers in one direction when in fact they prosecute speeders in both directions.
Stuart told me about the success he has had on Bretton Rd which is a rat run for Airbus (my words). I was under the impression that Anti Speed vans operated in a fairly straight forward manner but a conversation with Stuart proves otherwise.
Stuart will work out the most effective use of his time in discouraging motorists from breaking speed limits. Stuart will be coming to Penyffordd with his anti speeding van shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds