Cookie Policy

Friday, December 14, 2007

Things you don't read about Penyffordd County Councillors

Mold Councillors are looking for a showdown with Flintshire County Council over speeding issues in the town. Whilst my new friend Truth Crusader equates cars parking on paths with cars, motorcycles and lorries speeding passed my house at 50 mph by the 1000. We are a major route to school (primary), we have horses, OAP's and parked cars and the middle of the village.
My friend Truth Crusader has a strange regard for village environment.
I recommend a visit to Rossett. That model of traffic calming with a compulsory 20 mph in the village centre.

I see half of Flint appears to be a rat run. The natives are getting restless at Coed Onn and the surrounding areas. The one way system and a lack of by-pass being responsible for the rat runs.
Coed Onn awaits the onslaught of the Croes Atti development with its 400 houses plus 600 vehicles?

3 comments:

  1. I don't find it strange to be concerned about vehicles parked on a pavement that is on a major route to a primary school. Having vehicles on the road is one thing - forcing children into the road through careless parking is another. Should there be an accident (which I sincerely hope there is not) who would you blame - the car with a legal right to be on the road or the moron that parks on the pavement? No, I think is more you that has a distorted view of village environment, Colin!! You seem to be moving your arguement all over the place is it just speeding traffic (which no-one can condone) or is it just traffic per se. There is absolutely nothing wrong with traffic using legal routes at all gof knows they pay enough tax for the right to do so!). Shame on you for suggsting otherwise. T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be sure, I do not block pavements.
    The exclusion of non village traffic is an aim. I still have over 1500 cars speeding passed my house daily. My protest starts again the first week in January.
    I have just been through Northop Hall. They are not keen on all the extra through traffic from Connah's Quay once the A494 is "improved".

    The slowing down of traffic to 20mph outside the Post Office is also another aim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I think you need to think a lttle about the way you put things if you want to gain support. "1500 cars speeding past my house daily" is a little over the top now isn't it? On a 24 hour basis that makes one speedy car every minute! Even you must concede that the point is not valid - just a handy headline that does not stand up to scrutiny - never mind close scrutiny! If you said 1500 cars daily then maybe that could be plausible, and just maybe at that - but to say 1500 speeding cars is ridiculous. That means that as not every car is speeding there must be more than 1500, and quite frankly that is just not the case! Look Colin, you have a point but you are losing your audience (and the battle) in the way you are making it! Try a bit of reality rather than headline grabbing publicity, then maybe your friends the county councillors may listen. I mean, who can fail to listen to well thought out reasoned points of view. Hysterical petulance gets you nowhere. Every village needs an idiot and right now everyone is looking to you. Think on, my friend. T.C.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds