Cookie Policy

Friday, December 14, 2007

Planning for 29 houses on the Meadowslea site granted

Plans have been approved for 29 mock Tudor houses reports Kate Forrester of The Evening Leader. A building has been left standing because it has bats in it. Also there is a badger sett present.
Cllr Colin Bithell is looking forward to seeing the new bat house built. The application includes a small play area. Cllrs Colin Bithell and David Williams say they prefer more play area in central Penyffordd of which Penyffordd is short of. The badgers will also have to be built around.

Cllr Bithell opines that we should have a zebra crossing in the middle of the village.

This is something I agree with him as well a the bat house and the badgers, best not to let DEFRA know :(
It would help if it was on a raised platform so traffic cannot any longer just plough through the village. There is an issue here with less parking space for the Post Office. The removal of double yellow lines would help.

Postscript: I think Colin means a zebra crossing up the Vounog
2000 cars a day continue to speed through village.
Some villagers including Truth Crusader think me an idiot to protest.
Just wait until January my idiot friends

2 comments:

  1. Here we go again....2000 cars, 1500 cars, 3000 cars, 2800 cars........don't let the facts get in the way of a good scaremongering headline then Colin!

    By the way, I did not say I think you an idiot I said "Every village needs an idiot and right now everyone is looking to you."

    I credit you with enough intelligence to understand what that means, perhaps I am mistaken.

    If you want to be taken seriouly then make your protest factual, well balanced and appropriate to the audience. So far you demonstrate that you do none of these things.

    If you did but stop to think I'm trying to help you, or do you like the idea of being the village idiot? T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes
    I like the thought.
    A village idiot who wants a village environment.

    Flintshire Highways have the traffic figures. I will be showing them around the village when I get my hand on them through FOI Act.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds