Cookie Policy

Monday, October 22, 2007

A Letter against my Speeding Campaign in The Evening Leader

The Letter

2000 speeders' a myth

NOT another letter from Colin Hughes about Penyffordd!
To be pedantic it was an article.

I've lived in Penyffordd since 1988 and agree with Mr Hughes
that it is a nice village.
I've lived here since about 1980. NOT a nice village if you live on Chester Rd.

However Chester Rd skirts the village and is not a rat run.
I've been under the impression that outside the Post Office was centre of the village and has been for the last 300 years. It is a rat run as well

It is an "A" road, a bus route to Chester and is approximately 600 yds long.
I think Chester Rd is one of these (Click here) a "non primary A Road."

Of this 600 yds, 100 to 120 yards is a 30 mph zone which to my knowledge
everyone adheres to. It would be suicide not to.
I think Chester Rd runs from The Millstone to the junction of the Broughton / Penymynydd main road.
The whole 600 yard length is 30 mph. Fact .Over 2000 cars are speeding passed my house

Driving to Chester as in The Evening Leader photograph
, once you reach The Lilacs, its a national speed limit zone.
ie. 50 mph for this road. So why oh why does Colin Hughes keep moaning?
Last time I looked it was 60 mph just to be accurate.

Perhaps life is different on Planet Colin than it is to the rest
of us villagers. If he wants an idyllic spot with no traffic and a quiet
life, may I suggest he goes out one clear and frosty night
with a full moon and looks for Brigadoon!
A village environment where buses, lorries and cars can do no more than the speed limit will be a start. A village road that is not a danger to horses, children, OAP's and villagers

I'll pay for him to go.
E Dale, Penyffordd

LINKS Brigadoon

I await with pleasure more letters of this poor quality trotted out by Colin Bithell's cronies.

My letter in return sent to The Evening Leader for consideration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Evening Leader
Re 2000 Speeder' a Myth letter by E. Dale of Penyffordd
As I live on Chester Rd I am more qualified than most to comment on speed and rate of traffic.
Flintshire County Council have exact data for Chester Rd.
Number of cars, speed and direction for 4 days pre Meeting with Flintshire Highways in May 2007
If Mr Dale gets Cllr Colin Bithell to contact FCC they will tell him that 2800 cars pass
through Penyffordd everyday. To become 5000 a day after Broughton Developments.
I calculate at least 65% of 2800 break the speed limit.

Mr Dale needs to visit an optician if he is seeing all cars doing 30 mph passed my house.
Cllr David Williams who was outside our Post Office for the shiftworkers rat run today might
not agree with you either, nor other Community Councillors.

Thank you for the kind offer to pay for me to go. I'm afraid it's a bit dear. My wife has
half a million, I'll need another half for the move.
Yours sincerely
Colin Hughes
Penyffordd District

Postscript. I didn't look where Brigadoon was, very funny though Mr Dale is a little short on the actualities in most other parts to his letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds