Cookie Policy

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Since I have a Police Audience (Surveillance)

cc. Chief Constable Brunstrom.

I am looked at by Police in Buckinghamshire 6 times a day and The City of London Police weekly.
My friend Maureen has read all this and thinks I go over the top lol.

Here are my thoughts.

We have over 2000 vehicles a day speeding through our village. I don't think I'm believed in some quarters so I've made a Freedom of Information request for the data collected by Arrive Alive before the meeting.
Plenty of mischief to be had with the crusade.
I hope they don't try to withhold it or water it down. Since I live here I am fully aware of the traffic dynamics of Chester Rd.

Take this afternoon many 100's pushing through the middle of the village at 50 mph. We have a limit of 30 mph. They are doing 60-70mph before the open limit.

PC Chris Pullen will be trained up to do speed camera operations and has been issued with his own speed camera. We have seen an unmarked Police Traffic car stop someone yesterday not a fluorescent in sight yet Chris has to wear fluorescents?

What sort of double standards are these?

Take the neighbourhood forum on Wednesday. Chris said the Chester Rd speed Issue had been on file for nearly 9 months and was intimating that is should be dropped ( I think)
I said I would protest to the Chief Constable if he tried that.

PC Ian Millington and Hugh Jones of Arrive Alive have been on the case for quite a few months trying the education bit. They have acted like Dad's Army.

We currently have Chris saying he will manage to get out about once a month when he is qualified.

I am speechless' this is pathetic! Policing at .5 mile an hour!

If he got out 2 mornings on the run at the start of the rat run he could make big dint in the rat run.
Especially if he stood in Terrace Lane. He wouldn't be able to stop them from that position but after that the rat run would have to wait till the open speed limit before pushing the pedal to the floor.
Instead of which it's foot to the floor from the centre of the village.

If he stood in the gateway to Mr Knight's field and just zapped at everybody for 90 minutes Chris would get good practice and scare the living day lights out of the rat run.
He would be hidden from those coming into the village from Broughton who usually warn the rat run.


I don't like saying this but you Police and Arrive Alive act in a very stupid manner.
You couldn't make it up this carry on. It could be classed as farce. You have all this diversity training and the like yet you have no intelligent system in place to slow rat runs down.
It's a no brainer, dead easy, I've just mentioned a method above. You use local knowledge to your and the villages advantage..

So what are my current plans.
1. If Flintshire Highways don't do something fairly shortly or I get an acknowledgment that something is planned. Its the start of my Poster Protest. Gentle at the beginning but leading up to civil disobedience. See if I can get something "eye catching" Tony Blair style.
Councils don't like illuminated signs near roads. Flintshire Highways management are currently acting like spoilt little kids.

I have no assets so I have a bit of a free reign. Although I would find prison uncomfortable it's really a matter of principle.

2. I will be getting the email addresses of Airbus management in the week.
Their workers are a plague here.
I intend to make them an offer. I expect them to refuse or ignore me. I have some signs planned for their workers to see each day as they speed through Chester Rd. It will be a David and Goliath scenario.

3. I intend to make a Freedom of Information request to Arrive Alive Partnership for North Wales.
I see plenty of mischief here. That's on top of the one above. I've read all their corporate twaddle we will see what they are made of.

4. A comparison between Northop Hall and Penyffordd with regards traffic calming implementation. It's a little unbalanced. Dave and Tony Sharps get on so well, I think my County Councillors need to get more friendly with Dave Faulkner. Dave is around for a site meeting at Northop Hall at the drop a hat whilst he ignores us here in Chester Rd , Penyffordd.

Onward to the cessation of speeding traffic in Chester Rd Penyffordd.

I hope you guys are going to push route to school 20 mph. There again Flintshire Highways will do all to avoid this I feel, after a comment by Chris Pullen on Wednesday

The bottom line is that it looks like a conspiracy or politics to me or are you lot actually as stupid as you are acting?

A further bottom line that the answer to the speeding is a vertical platform solution, a long single lane or a bi directional gatso.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds