Cookie Policy

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Project

No news in Penyffordd today. I have been watching all the through traffic speeding passed the house because I have been working on my Acoustic Barriers. I have done a little research on sound.
The ideal would be an anti noise machine. These are a few years off. Theoretically the A494 people could have a machine in their garden and not hear the 7 lane bypass. Perhaps the Welsh assembly will buy them all one.

I am having to settle with solid barriers and absorbing materials. I am not giving up the cause by the way.

I will just add material to this page so that it does not come to the top of the blog again.
Some processes to be discussed are dangerous.

The project is to turn solar power into electricity using concentrated solar power to produce steam to drive a steam turbine to drive an electric generator. If I can produce enough I will consider selling it back to the National Grid

The dangers.
1. Fluids and Steam over 300 centigrade
2. Concentrated light that can blind.
3. Concentrated light that can seriously burn.
4. Fluids and steam at pressure

Concentrated Power to be supplied by Fresnel Lenses. I also have some 1 inch mirrors to experiment with a focused 12 inch square mirror concentrator.

Components for Suntracking. Ordered from here.
http://www.mtmscientific.com

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

Digital Thermometer K-type thermocouples temps sensor...... On Ebay cost about £12 plus £4 postage from China. Three are required to monitor receiver temperatures. Measure up to 1300 degrees C.


LINKS
UK Solar Radiation
Heat Transfer Salts Hitec (pdf)
Heat Storage pdf.
Possible 12Volt Electric motor that is used in golf carts about £30

Other projects
Forklift Battery bought off Ebay today 29th August 2009. This is a 12 cell 2 volt which equals 24 volts that is 400 AH. This will be the basic storage battery to run house and shed lights and computers to start with. I am working towards a 12 volt led light system powered by wind and solar electric.

Two weeks ago I bought a set of 24 solar cells to make a solar panel. I got them off Ebay in USA.
They cost £4 to post to UK. They need wiring together and putting a metal case.



To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds