Cookie Policy

Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Mental State

There must be quite a few people out there who might question my mental state. Emails and Blogs can be one dimensional and do not communicate correctly.

I do have other interests.

I am one third way through developing a business for my wife which is up and running. I just need to triple the turnover. :)

I am building a sanctuary in my garden, a greenhouse. I have positioned it so I can't hear the cooling room fans on the Penyffordd British Legion roof that run 24/7 at this time of year. The building of the extension to the Chinese takeaway next door was a god send as it blocks the fans noise except for the top of the garden.

I am developing accoustic barriers (walls to me and you) at the top of the garden so I cannot hear the noise from the by-pass or Arthur Arnold's fans. Arthur is The Secretary of the British Legion.

I have a project to turn concentrated solar power into heat and electricity. The sun tracking equipment in kit form arrived from the USA today. The project will use a special lens, suntracking equipment, a steam tesla turbine and electricity generating equipment.
Possibly to sell it back to the grid on sunny days if it is successful.

My wife, the dog and myself are going to explore the River Dee in HMS Penyffordd. A surprise cheque in the post from the sale of one of Lisa's Building Societies to a bank will pay for that.

See I don't have such a sad life!

We should have a village environment not the 2nd main main route along with the by-pass for passing traffic.
I'm hoping for better help for Chester Rd which is the centre of our rural village from our councillors.
The goal should be a 20 mph compulsory speed limit passed the Post Office, it is a main route to school. Traffic should be unable to go faster than that with the introduction of vertical platforms. HGV's that are not using the village should be banned after all we have a by-pass.

Perhaps the double yellow lines should be removed to let locals park anywhere. This would narrow the road with parked cars.

The resurfacing of the main road passed Penyffordd with that nice black tarmac outside Tom Jones' house should be a goal. Traffic noise from the by-pass when the prevailing wind blows is intrusive for many villagers.

My vision is not selfish, it benefits the village.
There are councillors who share this vision. I hope more councillors will see.

At present Chester Rd is a race track, I'm on the case till it stops.

Should I have a tried charm offensive with Flintshire County Council at the outset. I'm pretty certain it would not have worked. Flintshire County Council have been poorly managed for years.
They have appeared quite regularly in "Rotten Boroughs" in Private Eye.

Take a look at Wrexham Council traffic management in their villages, it is superb.

I think Flintshire Highways have Chester Road penciled in for an extra 2 or 3 million cars a year with the 3 Broughton developments.

If they are they are in for a fight.

I do hope Colin Everett the new Chief Executive is allowed to push Flintshire County Council into the 21st century.

Links
Concentrated Solar Power

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds