Cookie Policy

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chester Road Traffic Calming Competition 2007

An email to Dave Faulkner Acting Director for Regeneration and Environment at Flintshire County Council.

Prize Money and Conditions scroll down.

Re: The Continuing daily 2000 unwanted speeders through Chester Rd, Penyffordd.

Dear Dave,

Good Morning! The rat run in full flow, noisy, dangerous and speeding through our village centre. They do not like the by-pass, so they foul our village environment. Just the odd 2000 a day. With a promise of an extra 2,000, 000 annually after Broughton Developments.

Since Flintshire Highways are currently behaving like a spoilt child, a sort of professional management tantrum I am going to hold a traffic calming competition.

This will be a world wide internet thing.

Open to anyone over the age of 10 years old. I am going to hang out on Civil Engineering forums looking for entrants. Cheshire and Wrexham Highways are very good at traffic calming but may out of professional courtesy decline my offer to compete. I will be of course be taking anonymous entries which might encourage them.

I have asked my friend Maureen to take part. Maureen is 72 ( an email arrives form Maureen to say she is only 67! ) ( further tellings off follow) and currently learning about computers and the internet. We have talks about vertical platforms, I hear the word is banned in the Flintshire Highways offices.

Road plan to follow shortly.

The best entries in terms effectiveness and economy I will forward onto to Colin Everett your Chief Executive.

I forgot the prize!

£75 for the winner. Not bad for a 10 minutes job!
Prefered method of payment PAYPAL.
Runners up will have their plans shown. In fact all good traffic calming systems will be left on as a reference for other communities plagued by traffic.

My decision will be final

Conditions
I will be supplying a google map of Chester Rd, Penyffordd with photos.
Traffic calming measures will have to be those that apply to the United Kingdom
and specifically Wales.
The copyright remains with the designer
Closing Date to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds