Cookie Policy

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What are MEP's for? I will find out.

A reply from my MEP Jonathan Evans, not quite the support I was looking for. :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Hughes,
I have just seen the letter you have posted on your website, and which was linked to this email.
Firstly, dealing with your suggestion that EU research on quieter tyres and road surfaces is 'bizarre', I regret to tell you that I do not agree. The sort of research to which you refer is best conducted on a central basis, as that will clearly be most cost-efficient, and the lessons of the research are likely to have a common applicability throughout the EU and beyond. It seems to me to be one of the areas where European cooperation has very much to commend it.
Your wider issue relates to the effect of traffic within your village in relation to noise, vehicle speed, and public safety. You suggest that the EU should intervene on these issues with the appropriate local and regional authorities. Again I am afraid I cannot share your view. Although I have no doubt that the issues to which you refer require action, this cannot be undertaken by some top down central authority in Brussels which will rightly not have any competence whatsoever to be able to impose its viewpoint on those who live in North Wales and their elected representatives. These issues require attention from your community and county councillors and involvement from your Assembly Members and MP. I am very happy to refer the matter to the Conservative AMs who serve your community Brynle Williams and Mark Isherwood, if you wish me to do so.
Kind regards,
JONATHAN EVANS MEP (Wales)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply

Dear Mr Evans
Thank you for taking the time to reply
I am not in politics so I am not up to speed with EU procedures. It,s bizarre that work is ongoing to shave decibels on road noise which is all well and good whilst here at the sharp end Flintshire County Council are being useless.
I have sound levels of over 100 decibels outside my house. I have Mark Isherwood on the job thank you
My email was sent to you to inform you from your lofty position that things are not going well in our village
It says I am a constituent of yours but that imply's you are there to help me. Which means from my point of view that you are there to help me as a constituent if the Welsh Assembly renages on Penyffordd with its Manual for Streets if Chester Rd qualify's. The EU normally manages to tell us all what to do, why a technicality in this case?
From my position if the Welsh Assembly fails Chester Rd, Penyffordd, the EU should force it to take action if the EU thinks the Welsh Assembly has failed Chester Rd.
sincerely Colin Hughes
ps If you cannot help me why am I referred to as a constituent of yours?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds