Cookie Policy

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A shot across the Bow from Flintshire County Council

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the email
Firstly my sincere apologies to Charles Hughes, will you pass this on. I am out of order.

I will comment on each of your points.

Subject: Road Safety Campaign


Mr Hughes,

Your campaign regarding road safety in Chester Road, Penyffordd appears to
have taken a new and sinister direction recently. As Acting Director for
Environment and Regeneration in Flintshire County Council, I can no longer
tolerate your systematic and unjustified campaign against a senior officer
in my Directorate. For your information, and for those on your wider
circulation list, I feel it appropriate to advise you that I am taking the
following course of action:

Flintshire County Council, Arrive Alive and North Wales Police has been aware of this issue for more than 90 days.

1. I am referring your recent emails and the content of your 'blog' to
North Wales Police.
I think this a little heavy handed. We have travellers who have caused untold damage and theft at Dobshill Hospital who will most probably not be sought after for this crime, yet I am perhaps going to be the subject of charges or a possible dawn raid for a little fun and fair criticism of Flintshire County Council. The Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom has received most of the email correspondence. I send it to him. I'm afraid blogs are the new democracy. On the Harry's Place at the top it says " Liberty, if it means anything is the right to tell people what they don't like to hear."

2. I am seeking to block your emails from the Flintshire County Council
IT system. There is no need to do this, It will not work anyway. I will remove the officers from my address book. In future I will address all my complaints at Flintshire County Council as a group.

3. I am reassuring my Officers that they are to continue with their
current proposals to install a speed activated sign on Chester Road.
Part of the issue is that Flintshire County Council have kept me in the dark. No councilor has confirmed anything to me. If you get a copy of the minutes to Penyffordd Community Council meeting July 2007 you will find no confirmation that we are to have a speed activated sign. If its to notify speeders on the way into the village that's fine but what about the 400 speeders who go past my house OUT of the village every morning? My campaign ends when you do the job properly as Wrexham Council have. I am told you get the same money as Wrexham Council.

When we had the meeting with Flintshire County Council some of the first words mentioned was that you have no money. I see in tonight's Evening Leader you have found £54,000 for doing up Wepre Golf club that you as a council let go into disrepair. Last month you were giving Flint yet more money for the Castle area. As a county councilor stated in The Evening Leader, Flint gets what ever it wants.


As you are obviously aware, speeding is an issue for North Wales Police.
Their limited resources have to be used as cost-effectively as possible
across the whole of North Wales. We work in partnership with them on many
issues, including road safety, and I personally take exception to your
'blog' denigrating their proven contribution to reducing road casualties
through pro-active roads policing.
At the moment North Wales Police have done very little for Chester Rd, Penyffordd, a token effort, a bit like giving sweets to kids.
North Wales remains a race track as does Chester Rd Penyffordd

kindest regards Colin Hughes


Regards,

Dave Faulkner
Acting Director/Cyfarwyddwr (Dros Dro)
Environment and Regeneration/Amgylchedd ac Adfywio
Flintshire County Council/Cyngor Sir y Flint
County Hall/Neuadd y Sir
Mold/Yr Wyddgrug CH7 6NF
Tel/Ffon: 01352 704500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds