Cookie Policy

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Modus Operandi to record Speeding

Some must think this guy is short of something to do. It's not about that, it's about all these people not treating our village correctly. I personally find standing on the path next to the road best. You need to be nearly full on to the car for the best view of the number plate. For best results fluorescent yellow should not be used. A colour that blends in with your background.
It would be best really if you are hidden as you are likely to get someone stopping because they don't like what you are doing. Or make sure you have someone who is "handy" with you. Also best not to do it outside your own house.

All though I don't like the concept it's like shooting fish in a barrel. There is a speeder past my house nearly every minute of the day from 5.00 am to 23.00 hrs.

I use a digital voice recorder the ones that are used for recording notes or letters. I get the number and at least one other factor such as the colour and make of the car as a back up detail , I also mention estimated speed. Its best to set the time and date on dictaphone.
Then its on to http://betterdrivingplease.com/index3.asp to put the speeders on.

You can use pencil and paper or a good camera.

Meanwhile Flintshire County Council prepare our road calming. They have looked at my blog today. I don't think leaning on me will do them much good. We shall see.

Further googling reveals that the above scheme may not be taken seriously by the Police for some time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds