Cookie Policy

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A letter sent to Edwina Davies prior to tonights Council Meeting

Edwina Davies CC
Penyffordd

cc. Linda Vidamour, Cindy Hinds, David Williams

Dear Edwina,

I presume there is a Community Council meeting on Wednesday.

As one our most effective councilors may I call upon you to press for the speeding in Chester Rd to be stopped. In The Chronicle last week Sychdyn was mentioned, their Beat Manager has been told to deal with their Rat Run to Shire Hall on the back roads.

Terrace Lane is the perfect place for our Beat manager as the Morning Rat Run cannot accelerate out of the village until they see that Arrive Alive or North Wales Police are not present. A couple of visits between 7.15 and 9.15 am would be enough to stop most of the 100’s who speed past my house each morning causing danger and noise.

I realize that Flintshire Highways are on the case but the Police should enforce our speed limit. He does after all have very little crime in Penyffordd and Higher Kinnerton to deal with.

I also feel the village should have a 20 mph compulsory limit outside The Post Office.


Into the future Warren Hall looks bad for Chester Rd Penyffordd.
Flintshire County Council seem very very keen. I and others on the main roads through Penyffordd, Chester, Corwen and Vounog may have different ideas.

At present we have 1,000,400 cars a year through Chester Rd.

2000 a day speeding.

Will that triple after Warren Hall is developed and the A55 exit finished?

We have a by-pass of sorts that is not very efficient as you will be aware. Flintshire Highways I think are very keen for Chester Rd to remain part of the National Network to Mid Wales along with the by-pass. I feel traffic not visiting Penyffordd should use the By-Pass

Sincerely Colin

http://penyffordd-district.blogspot.com/

ps. I occasionally have a go at The Community council on my Blog. This is because I am frustrated at the slow nature of local government. A current issue is the Notice Board outside The Post Office that wants taking down or repaired. It currently does not make the Community Council look effective.

Pps I have a Penyffordd resident’s objection to Warren Hall in regards to more traffic for Penyffordd in front of me. The objection valid, summarily dismissed by Flintshire County Council. I feel that Flintshire County Council wish to ignore Penyffordd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds