Cookie Policy

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Meeting with Highways, Police and Arrivealive

A bit dissapointed and frustrated but progress has been made.
Councillor Bithell in the chair.
Present was Charles Hughes who is in charge of Roads (Engineering) Flintshire CC.
with another member of his team.
Good too see the Top Man there.
Also Linda Vidamour, David Williams.
Hugh Jones of Arrivealive.
Talked to Hugh.
Resident attendance was disappointing as Lisa and I had put a leaflet through every door on Chester Rd.
I can see why I am getting nowhere with the community council
with Mr Bithell in charge.
Had a good talk with Linda who is on the right way of thinking.
I think half the Community Council need to retire quickly.
Since I didnt have my PA present I may not have all what follows right.

1. We are having rumble strips, cheap and effective. (hopefully)
(I've been over some rumble strips today on the way to Broughton if we have the same type they will be merely a token and not do what is required. If they are the same height as those approaching Llanddulas from Abergele on the old road we are talking business, they rattle the car to bits if you go over 30mph. The best option are raised plateau's as they are gentle on the car if they do the correct speed.
2. An extra sign to say its 30 mph
3. A possible zebra crossing at the Post Office
4. A possible pro active sign that flashes.

I know a bit more about how things are done after today.
Further avenues to explore.
Take protest sign down for now.........................
I see the Labour campaign van is still on the go, its 8.43pm.
The blogs are confident about Carl Sargeant.
He has worked the hardest and the smartest.
The Labour Machine is slick.

I say at the top progress has been made but has it?
I construct my letter to Colin Bithell and sit on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds